Friday, June 4, 2010

March 2010 update



We had fun at another one of the city's dog parks, where Clementine and the girls were able to run around and play off-leash.














These pictures show a little more of the work that was done on the basement this year. A friend and I put some finishing touches on some of the trim work. I replaced some drywall in the ceiling of the laundry room where a busted water pipe had leaked and done a little bit of damage.













This is just a silly picture of Elise being silly. She took some baggy pajamas and pulled them up to her shoulders and then danced around her room. I thought she looked like something out of Jim Henson's Creature Creation Lab.


















Sara wanted to buy a smartboard to use with the kids, but found them to be much too expensive. Fortunately I found some information online how one could make a smartboard using a flat screen TV, a wii remote, a bluetooth enabled computer (which we already have), and an LED pen. We went back and forth as to whether we should buy a new LCD TV for this purpose. Sara finally decided yes, so a few days later I found this great deal on a 42" Sharp TV. I called Sara at home but didn't get a reply, so I went ahead and ordered it. Later on in the day Sara called me back to say that she had changed her mind about the TV and to not bother with the order. Ooops, it was already in the process of being shipped. So after it arrived, we posted this picture on Craigslist and were able to resell it for what we had purchased it. Well, one of these days we may actually get and keep a new TV.




March brought another birthday. Emmy turned 7 years old. Sara made a cool cake that looked like a worm-eaten apple. Emmy really liked it.

















We had a spell of pleasant weather in March that was nice enough for the girls and I to campout on the deck. At first they were a little nervous about bugs, but they were soon overcome by all of the constellations that they could see.

1 comment:

Harold Jackson said...

Referring to the top picture in the park. Glenn, it's nice to know you let your girls off the leash once in awhile!