Wait! you say. Where was January? Since when does February come before January? Well, I couldn't find any pictures from January that told much of a story, so I skipped January, went straight to February, but then didn't want January to feel left out so I decided to go ahead and try to come up with something. Not that January was boring or anything, though it's true that we did not stay up to midnight on New Year's Eve.
The big thing that I remember from January was at the end of the month when we packed the family up and drove out to Utah for Great-Grandpa Jackson's funeral. Our girls always called him "Big Popcorn" because they call my Dad "Popcorn", and Grandpa Rex was "Popcorn's" Dad, therefore he was bigger than "Popcorn". Anyway, we made the 20 hr drive in 20 hrs, with only a few stops for food and fuel and other "essential" stops. The funeral was like a family reunion combined with a memorial for a great man. I am so glad that we made the effort to be out there for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment