Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First fish

I wanted to do something fun with the family for Labor Day. I called up a friend and planned a fishing trip at his pond. The trouble was we had no fishing poles, so I stopped by an outpost of the Walton Empire and picked up a couple of cheapie rods & reels. Sara and I managed to keep the whole thing a surprise, even up to the moment when we arrived at the pond.
The day was hot, but the fish (at least the bluegill) were biting. In fact, the first fish we caught was on an empty hook. Emmy and Eden each reeled in a small fish. We all had fun, and we all got sunburned.


4 comments:

Becca Jackson said...

How FUN!!! I like Eden & Emmy's haircuts! What's with the missing shoe & sock Eden? Is that the secret formula for catching fish? Thanks for sharing!

Our Biggs Family said...

Glenn,
It is so fun to see pics of your girls. They are sure cute. We came across your blog and it has been great to catch up on your family. When you get a chance you can check out our blog, www.joelandjenbiggs.blogspot.com

Joel Biggs

It's all about the "Crew" said...

I love the expression on their faces with the fish! Eeew! So, do your kids like the taste of fish? Was that the one you caught with no bait?
I tried that once when I was little. We set out to the Jordan River in SL and sat and sat -just us kids. Some guy came walking by us and asked us what we were using for bait. We stared blankly at him. ~I knew there was something we forgot!

Hope you guys are doing well! Miss ya tons! BTW- maybe some big news coming from us, soon...

Hans said...

As much as I enjoyed the pictures of the fishing, I also enjoyed the pics of the area as well. It looks really beautiful there and a far cry from the concrete jungle I live in daily. I'm a little jealous :) Glad you were able to have so much fun together.