Sunday, August 15, 2010

July 2010 update, part 1

We started the month off by participating in the annual Parley P. Pratt Memorial Freedom Run. It is usually held on July 4th, but was held on the 3rd this year since the 4th was on a Sunday. Emmy ran in the 1 mile race and I ran in the 4 mile. Emmy was 1st among the girls in her age group, I was happy to simply finish ahead of runners younger than me.

Sara and the other girls helped with race registration and other aspects of runner support.

















My sister, Lisa, and her family visited us July 5th before they drove up to Nauvoo. The cousins had so much fun playing together.







































We missed Lisa and her family so much, that we decided to follow them up to Nauvoo on the 9th, play some pioneer games, watch the pageant, and camp with them.












































The following day, we drove down to St. Louis with Lisa and company and visited the Botanical gardens for a couple of hours, which wasn't nearly enough time to see everything there, but we really enjoyed it.










1 comment:

leethie said...

Fun to see those pictures. I have some I've been meaning to share with you too. I really enjoyed that trip :)